Prospects, the education, employment and training company, has won a contract to deliver quality support services to pre-schools in Southampton on behalf of Southampton City Council. Delivery begins in August 2013 and will be managed by Prospects operating from local premises in the city.
Prospects Early Years Quality Service for Pre-Schools in Southampton will assist pre-schools to extend their offer and meet the requirement to complete assessments on two year olds as part of the revised Early Years Foundation Stage, as well as providing access to training and expert advice.
The key aim of the contract is to ensure Southampton has a sufficient supply of high quality, affordable and flexible pre-school places for children aged two to five. Prospects will also support the council in meeting its requirements to provide 15 hours a week of early education for disadvantaged two year olds.
John Theedom, Interim Director of Prospects Early Years, said: “We are delighted Southampton City Council has chosen us to support its delivery of high quality pre-school provision and to be helping to improve education from the youngest age for children in the city. Prospects has a wealth of experience and expertise in assisting pre-school and child-minding settings. We work alongside providers to ensure every child is given the best possible start in life through their early year’s experiences, with safeguarding at the heart of everything we do.”
Councillor Sarah Bogle, Southampton City Council Cabinet Member for Children’s Services said: “The council wants the very best for our early years provision where services can make a real difference to a child's prospects. We look forward to seeing improved outcomes as a result of this contract.”
Prospects is one of the largest providers of services to children in the early years and beyond and also delivers the National Careers Service in three regions and the Work Programme (helping long-term unemployed people back to work) in the South West and London.
- END -
Notes to Editor
Prospects is a dynamic and enterprising group providing a wide range of education, employment and training services in the UK and internationally. At the heart of what we do is the drive to improve the life chances, abilities and aspirations of everyone we support. Each year we help more than a million people through our extensive range of high quality services. The Prospects Group has an annual turnover in excess of £100 million and employs more than 2,000 skilled and professional staff.
The Prospects Group includes: South London Business, a business support organisation; Gabbitas, independent education consultancy; CfAppointments, specialist recruitment services and South Cerney Outdoor Education Centre.
Our services include:
- Ofsted Early Years Inspection Services across the Midlands and North of England
- Academy sponsorship through Prospects Academies Trust
- Education consultancy, academy and school improvement services through Prospects Improve
- Leading Parent Partnership Award - promoting engagement of families in schools
- Educational resources for schools and careers advisers
- Entrepreneurship for young people in Wales
- Events including regional careers and skills events across the UK such as Skills London, City Walks and award ceremonies
- Targeted support helping NEET and vulnerable young people and those with learning difficulties and disabilities; Pathway services to care leavers
- Youth Contract, support for 16-17 year old NEET young people in London, the West Midlands and Yorkshire and Humberside
- Prospects Apprenticeships, training apprentices across the UK
- National Careers Service in the community, offering face to face advice on learning and work in Greater London and Yorkshire and Humberside
- Innovative approaches to rehabilitation of adults and young offenders in the community, and provision of the in custody element of the National Careers Service in all prisons in London and Yorkshire and Humber
- Work Programme which helps longer-term unemployed people back to work, as prime contractor in the South West and major sub-contractor in London and Bristol
- Business support and networking
- Mutuals development services for public bodies
020 8315 1023